After completing this help guide, you’ll be able to:
- Create a new Referee Assessor.
- Add a Referee Assessor registration to existing referee.
- Add Referee Assessor role to user.
The registration of assessors can be done in one of two ways:
- Create a new assessor from scratch; and
- Adding the assessor registration to an existing referee.
Both are easy to do and can be done in a few clicks. It is important to note that if you want this assessor to login into COMET and complete assessments, you will need to add the assessor role to their user profile – more on this later.
Lets start off with the easiest one – create an assessor from scratch. You should do this if the person does not already exist in COMET.
- Once logged in, select Referees and Officials from the left hand menu
- Select New Assessor.
- Complete the details of the referee.
- Select CONFIRMED as the Status.
- Ensure the Organisation field is set to your Federation.
- Select the starting date of the assessor’s registration in the Date from field.
- Select Save.
Done! You have added a new referee assessor that can now be added to matches.
Adding an assessor registration to an existing referee is just as easy as adding a new one.
- Once logged in, use the Quick Search bar to search and select the relevant referee.
- To use the advanced search, select Referees & Officials from the left hand menu and select Search Referees.
- From the referee’s dashboard, select View As and select Referee Assessor from the dropdown menu.
- Select New Registration and complete the registration details.
Now that we have added assessors, if you wish for these assessors to have access to COMET and manage assessments, you will need to create an assessor role against their user profile.
To do this, let’s first navigate to the persons record using the quick search or advanced search functions.
- Just below their primary details you will see New User or View User. Select this button.
Note: Whether you see New User or View User depends on if they already have a role assigned to them (e.g. referee, assessor, match commissioner etc.).
- If you have selected New User, you will be prompted to input a username for the assessor (they will use these details to login). If you selected View User, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Edit.
- In the Roles section, tick the Assessor role.
- Select Save.
This assessor will now be able to login into COMET and manage assessments for matches they have been assigned to.