After completing this help guide, you’ll be able to:
- View teams in your Club.
- Create a new team in your club.
In COMET, because your club as a whole can be added to a competition, the creation of teams is not always required – in fact in some cases, you may never need to a create a team at all!
Teams in COMET should be created / used in one or both of the following scenarios:
- Where your club has more than one team in the same competition.
- In this case you would need to create teams to differentiate between the two.
- Where the name of a team differs to that of a club name.
- This may be a sponsored team or a junior team (e.g tigers).
The creation of teams is simple and easy to do so let’s jump right in and create one.
- Once logged, select your clubs name from the middle of the page.
- Alternatively, select Clubs from the left hand menu, then select My Club.
- Select Teams.
Here you will see a list of all the teams that your club has created, with the Active teams showing at the top, and Inactive teams towards the bottom.
Tip: Use the Name field to filter your list of competitions.
If you haven’t created any teams then this list is going to be looking pretty bland so lets add some teams!
- Select New Team.
- In the Name field input the name of the team. Remember that this name should be different to that of your club and meet the purpose of the competition (i.e. one of the reasons we mentioned above).
- Repeat this in the Long Name field.
- Add any Notes if required.
- Leave all other fields as they are. If you Federation requires you to rank your teams, then use the appropriate Rank.
- Select Save.
Tip: It’s a good idea to include the season that the team is involved in the notes field for easier filtering in future seasons, especially if your club creates new teams every season.
If you ever need to edit an already created team, then select the pencil icon next to the relevant team. T make a team inactive, select the down-facing arrow to make it inactive.
Note: Ensure you advise the Competition Manager if you are changing the name of a team prior to the start of a competition and/or during a competition.