After completing this help guide, you’ll be able to:
- Create a new seminar.
- View your seminars.
- Link a new item to a seminar for self-registration.
- Update the status and accreditation of seminar attendees.
The Seminars Console will be used to create courses for coaches or referees that they can register to and then get easily accredited from those that are delivering the courses.
To get started;
- Once logged in, select either Coaches and Staff.
- Select New Seminar
Here you will see the New Seminar screen with all of the fields being available to edit. Please find a description of each of these fields in the table below.
Type of course you are running – Coach, Referee or Referee Assessor.
Name of the event/course you are running – e.g. Junior Level 1 or Referee Level 1.
The name of the Organisation that you are running the course from e.g. Mainland Football
Specific course name – e.g. Junior Level 1 – August 1st – English Park
Short name if you have one, otherwise the full name can be replicated.
Location of the course/event.
The date the event is starting.
The dates you will be taking registrations for the course/event.
Duration of the course/event in hours. Note: This is not a compulsory field.
Integrate Sales Module
If turned on will allow you to link a registration product to the course/event so your participants can self-register through the MyComet portal.
Any additional information you wish to add to your course/event.
- Fill out all of your course/event information.
- Select Save
Once saved you will see three tabs – Configure Self-Registration, Coach & Re-examinations. We will first focus on Configure Self-Registration.
- Select the Configure Self-Registration tab.
- Select the Create Item button.
- From the dialogue box create an item as you normally would for any other registration. Note: The type must be Seminar Attendance for it to link with your seminar. See Items Overview Footy Tip if you need assistance creating the item.
Once this item has been created then your coach or referees will be able to search for your organisation in MyComet and register to a course the same way would complete any other registration.